Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blog 5 Conclusioning and Self Assessment


For this final blog I have been asked to look back and ask myself a few questions based upon my first blog. Have I changed my self-assessment? How do I plan to keep up with innovations in technology, and how do I plan to implement technology as a result of this course?    
After thinking for a few and pondering, I realize that social networking will always be my weakness. Not because I am weak in the applications, but I am a more private person then many of those that use Twitter, Facebook and other such sites. I have become quite involved in applications such as Second Life and blogger, but those still to my thinking allow me more degree of control over how I interact and people interact with me then with Facebook and twitter.
Innovations are going to be continuous, and to be flat out honest no one will be able to keep up with them all. When I was growing up BBS’s were amazing and the application known as Mosaic (from which internet browsers spawned) was brand new.  However, there will always be those that have seen a new application or item before me and that will be one way to keep up. Other ways will include finding new ways to do a different assignment, or encouraging students to find new ways to do the same task in order for me to learn.
                Technology applications will continually change, and there will always be new uses found for old items.  I will not use new for the sake of new, as some people seem to want to do.  However I will use new and older technologies to draw my students and teachers into a new environment so we may learn from each other.
                Thank you all.

2 comments:

  1. Kevin, I completely understand where you are coming from with your comments about not being able to keep up with all the new technology applications that crop up. It is impossible (literally) for any one person to do so. I am very grateful for district/regional training and professional organizations that help focus our attention on the applications most pertinent to us and our students. Good luck in the future!
    Incidentally, I'm a rather private person, too. I have both a Facebook and a Twitter account, but I almost never use them. I don't even like talking on the telephone all that much. I'd rather deal with people in person. A web conference might be fun… :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog! How'd you do that?

    ReplyDelete